Vacation Tips & Tricks
|"Judy is an amazing style consultant, organizer and a packing queen! She has helped me pack for multiple trips including a 3-week African safari with just a carry on! Judy works with me to organize all of my clothes, accessories and jewelry so I am always well dressed and unstressed when I am on my trip! "
Diane | Tiburon
One of the services I offer is assistance in planning and packing for vacations and travel. You may think you can do it yourself but if your life is busy and you save packing until the last minute you might want to try a more organized approach.
There is an art to packing for any kind of trip that might elude you, if you find yourself with too many suitcases and realizing that you neglected to pack essentials upon arrival it’s time to ask for help.
Whether you are taking the vacation of a lifetime, an overnight business trip or going to a destination event there is an organized way to pack for it that will give you more time to relax and enjoy rather than having to run out and buy a toothbrush or cell phone cord the minute you check in.
Here are a few travel tips:
- Have a “go bag” equipped for the spot you are going to. Beach? A foldable tote with reef safe sunscreen, an extra pair of sunglasses, beach sandals and a refillable water bottle. (single use plastics are out!)
- Reef safe sunscreen is the new go to product. It’s better for the environment and you might want to pick one that works for you before you go. Hawaii, Key West and Mexico have banned certain sun products because the ingredients damage coral reefs. Read more here: http://safesunscreencouncil.org/
- Traveling with kids or grandkids? They need their own backpack go bags with their essentials so you don’t have to remember for them. A handy list for them to remind them of what they need to take as well as an ID tag with your phone and info on it can make traveling a lot easier. IPads or phones with earplugs can make the airport time go more easily.
- Resist the urge to package everything in baggies that might not make it all the way through your trip. single use plastic is out, instead invest in washable silicone bags that are waterproof, leakproof and will hold up as well as keep your exploding shampoo bottle from ruining your clothes. See them here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVHXRDJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ONtcDbH8GY79A
- Everyone needs to have a pair of comfortable walking shoes for the airport and sightseeing. Those cute new sandals from the gift shop may leave you blistered after a day of hiking through the Tuscan hillside towns.
Judy Domenici | SF Bay Area Image Consultant | 415.517.2514